These days it is important to remember to eat well and exercise. We all must actively learn how to eat, what to eat and when to eat. This needs to be balanced with an active lifestyle, that allows us to burn calories and maintain sufficient muscle mass. It is too simple to say too many calories equal weight gain and too little equal weight loss.
Many authorities now recommend at least 45 minutes of exercise every day. We believe it is important to exercise every day and to eat a well balanced diet. This diet should include multiple fruits and vegetables and low fat protein meats. Fried foods should be avoided. In many cases it is easy to substitute broiled and baked foods. There are clear benefits of including seafood in your diet as well. Adequate water intake and rest are also important to your health and weight loss. Exercise is also important.
A balanced diet that includes fruits and vegetables is very important. Try to limit processed foods, salty foods, too much organic meat and fried foods. Avoid fast foods. Fish such as salmon, tuna and sardines are an important part of a balanced diet.
Weight loss will always be a hot topic. As a result of our diets and lifestyle it is more difficult to keep our weight down. To remain healthy it is imperative to keep the weight down. With diet and exercise this can be accomplished.
The following are some ideas to help you keep your weight under control.
- Avoid Fast Food and increase fruit in your diet.
- Exercise as much as possible, at least 3-5 times a week for at least 30 minutes.
- Start your day with a balanced breakfast. This can include a fruit smoothie, oatmeal or yogurt. Don’t skip lunch. Consider a salad, sandwich with fruit.
- Eat small regular meals and healthy snacks.
- Avoid eating late at night.
- Minimize fried foods in your diets.
- Avoid white starches such as potatoes and rice.
- Eat smaller portions of food. Most of our meals include too many calories.
- When eating at a restaurant take half of your meal home with you for a later meal.
- Eliminate soda and sugary drinks from your diet which will help decrease calories.
- Weigh yourself regularly, at least once a week. It is recommended that you keep a scale at home and weight yourself at least 3-5 times a week.
- Buy a pedometer and walk at least 10,000 steps a day.
Many people want to know what their weight should be. Currently, the body mass index(BMI) is the best measurement to help us understand what our weight should be. It helps to define who is normal weight, overweight and obese. As the weight increases, the possibility of diabetes, hypertension and sleep apnea to name a few will increase. We can provide your BMI to you. In addition there are several tests in the office that can be done to help you understand more about your body fat content. This can further help you understand and improve your weight and health.
When indicated there are several products or supplements that can help with weight loss and your overall health.
Healthy Foods to Include in your diet include the following foods
- fish such as salmon
- bell peppers
- brussel sprouts
- collard greens
- romaine lettuce
- whole grain foods
- beans and nuts
- Ultrameal Plus
- Ultrameal 360
- Bioleen Free
Other Important Wellness Products
- Vitamin D
- Omega Fish Oil